hotel overviewTuna Bay Island Resort /beach-hotel/asia/malaysia/perhentian/flora-bay-beach/tuna-bay-island-resort/
The resort commands a breathtaking view of Pulau Perhentian Kecil and the South China Sea. Even at low tide, the view from our resort is still breathtaking. The peaceful, relaxing ambience surrounding the resort and the laid back lifestyle is ideally geared towards holidaymakers. The affable Lee family members, who own and manage the resort, are always on hand to make sure that your stay on this tropical paradise will be a pleasurable one.
Our Resort offers 46 cool and spacious wooden chalets set either right on the beachfront, shaded by coconut palms, or around a pretty garden area. The wooden chalets on stilts boast air-conditioning and covered terraces, and are fitted with tropical bamboo furniture.
The choice chalets, of course, are those sitting right on the beach facing the sea. However, visitors who prefer a bit more privacy or peace and quiet can opt for the chalets set a little further back from the sea, either with a jungle backdrop or those placed around the pleasant garden area.
Family chalets, which consist of two interconnecting chalets with a back-to-back door, are perfect for family retreats.
All chalets are just a minute’s walk from the beach and command spectacular views of neighbouring Pulau Perhentian Kecil and the shimmering South China Sea.
- bottled water in room (complimentary)
- air conditioning
- hair dryer
wine & dinerestaurants
- Tuna Cafe
- Tuna Cafe is our resortâs own restaurant, a bright and airy dining area set on stilts over the beach and open to the cooling sea breeze, an ideal place for a leisurely lunch or a romantic evening meal. Our chefs serve up a tasty spread of delicious Asian and Continental dishes and our famous fresh seafood barbeque, where diners can choose from an array of local, freshly caught fish, is a treat not to be missed.
- Asian and Continental dishes and our famous fresh seafood barbeque
- Open for Lunch,Open for Dinner
- Tuna Club
- At the end of a long day under the warm Perhentian sun, chill out and unwind at the Tuna Club. It’s a perfect place for you to just kick back, relax and enjoy the company of your fellow guests in a casual, sociable setting.
There’s a huge range of cocktails on offer, mixed specially for you by our knowledgeable barman, as well as beers, fresh tropical juices, ice-cream, and many other beverages, along with free snacks from the club. Satellite TV is also available if you want to catch up on the latest sporting action.
- cocktails, beers, fresh tropical juices
- Open for Dinner
services & facilities
- laundry / dry cleaning
- tour information
on the beach
The islands are designated as a marine park area and snorkeling is safe for both young and old. Children as well as adults are sure to have great time swimming among the wonders or marine life, including, of course, the local turtles. Diving and snorkeling equipment is available for rent at the Resort.
- scuba diving
- jungle trekking
|address||No. 120, Jalan Besar, 22300 Kuala Besut, Terengganu Darul Iman , Malaysia|
|general email email@example.com|
|phone number||+(609) 6902 902, +(609) 6902 909|
|fax||+(609) 6902 906|
location and attractions
Perhentian Island is accessible from a small fishing town of Kuala Besut, which situated in between Kota Bharu, Kelantan and Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu.
Kuala Besut Jetty is the official Jetty to Perhentian Islands. Kuala Besut is easily accessible through KOTA BHARU & KUALA TERENGGANU airport, TANAH MERAH train station and JERTIH bus station.
Our Resort Mainland transit office is located in the heart of Kuala Besut town and it’s only less than 5 minutes walking distance to and from the jetty. Our office provides guest with comfortable resting place and places to keep luggage before boarding our boat to the island.